The bus routes for the 2016-2017 are posted on the Transportation Page of our website. They are also posted below as an attachment.
The new application for Free or Reduced student lunches is now available.
Superintendent Marty O'Shea has posted his Welcome Message to the Longmeadow community on the Superintendent's page of the website:
Longmeadow Boards of Health has received confirmation from state public health officials that mosquito samples collected in the Greater Springfield area have tested positive for West Nile Virus.
Residents are urged to follow the following precautions to protect themselves from mosquito bites from now through the first “hard” frost (approximately mid-October):
1. Apply insect repellent to any exposed skin and permethrin to clothing when you are out of doors. Repellents containing DEET-compounds are considered the most effective.
2. Avoid outdoor activities at the times of day when the mosquitos carrying these diseases are most active, especially in the early morning hours and beginning at dusk through the hours of darkness.
3. If possible, wear long sleeves, socks, and long pants when out of doors
4. Remove any sources of water around the home such as empty containers and barrels. Clean out bird baths twice/week. Clear blocked gutters. Remove tires from outdoor area where they may trap rain water. Keep swimming pool circulation systems running continuously.
5. Repair holes in screens
The Boards will update the residents as new mosquito surveillance information becomes available or revised recommendations are issued during the remainder of the summer and early fall.
Parents are invited to participate in a survey from our food service provider of school lunches. A link to the survey is provided here: Whitsons Food Service Survey
Dear Longmeadow Community:
This is the time of year when we like parents to review "stranger danger" with their children. The police chief, John Stankiewitz, has posted the a message on the LPD Facebook page. Please take time to read it and discuss with your children.
Here is a link to the message: Parent Advisory
Superintendent Marie Doyle
We are beginning the process of establishing our bus routes for the 2016-2017 school year. In order to create efficient routes with centrally located stops, we ask that you register your child(ren) prior to Friday, June 24th, 2016.
You must register your child(ren) for transportation annually. If your child(ren) live less than 2 miles from your assigned school and are in grade 6 or your child(ren) are in grades 7-12, there is a fee of $235 per child with a family cap of $470.
As a reminder, the new Transportation Policy adopted by the School Committee on April 27, 2015 includes the following:
● The routes will run primarily along main streets.
● Students will not cross main roads unless there is a crossing guard or stop light present.
● The length of routes would be determined by the number of stops, and this depends on ridership.
● Service for students in grades 7-12 will be provided on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. There will be limited seats on each bus.
The deadline for registration is June 24, 2016. In order for your child to be registered for the bus, you must sign and complete this form and forward to the Business Office. Registrations will be processed in the order in which they are received.
The address for the Business Office is 535 Bliss Road, Longmeadow, MA 01106. Checks or money orders may be made payable to the Longmeadow Public Schools. A deposit of $50 per student is required at the time of registration. The balance must be paid in full by August 5th, 2016 in order to receive a bus assignment and a bus pass.
Late registrations after June 24, 2016 will be processed in the order received and some buses may fill to capacity. Therefore, seating will not be guaranteed after the registration deadline and late registrants may be put on a waiting list.
If you believe that you qualify for financial assistance based upon your family/household income, please contact the Business Office at 413-565-4200, extension 4022 for information.
We used two snow days this school year. The last day of school is scheduled to be Tuesday, June 21st! It will be a half day of school for students.
Good morning:There will be a 2-Hour delayed opening this morning due to the inclement weather.