Due to the inclement weather and continued storm cleanup, Longmeadow Public Schools will be closed Monday, February 13th.
Have a good snow day!
Longmeadow Public Schools will open following a 2-hour delay on Friday, February 10.
A reminder to our Glenbrook and Williams families: the delay means that this afternoon's Parent-Teacher Conferences will be postponed and that students will be dismissed at 2:50 p.m.
The Longmeadow Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, February 9, 2017. Enjoy the Snow Day!
The Superintendent presented the proposed FY 2018 School Budget to the School Committee during their meeting of Tuesday, January 24th. The proposed budget is posted below.
There will be a Public Hearing on the Budget on Tuesday, February 7th beginning at 7:00 pm in Room A15 of the Central Office of the Schools. The public is invited and encouraged to attend to ask questions and provide comment on the proposed budget.
The Longmeadow Public Schools will have a 2-Hour delayed opening due to the inclement weather.
LPS Middle Schools: I hope you are aware that the Longmeadow School Committee is actively working with the Select Board and other stakeholders to ensure that Longmeadow middle schools’ substantial facility needs are addressed cost effectively and in a manner that provides future students with safe, up-to-date learning environments. To this end, the District is preparing Statements of Interest (“SOIs”) under the MA School Building Authority’s core program. Successful applications to the MSBA’s core program provide partial funding for extensive repairs, renovations, addition/renovations, and new school construction. Our plan is to complete the application over the next two weeks in time for the School Committee’s consideration at a special afternoon meeting on and in preparation for the School Committee’s joint meeting with the Select Board on Monday, January 23. If you are interested in learning more about the needs of our Middle Schools and the SOI process, you are invited to our next informational session on Wednesday, January 11 at 9:00 a.m. in Center School’s Community Room.
Blueberry Hill Elementary School Principal Search Process
Task of the Screening Committee:
· identify the desirable qualifications and skills of the next principal
· review application materials, develop interview questions
· conduct the initial round of interviews
· narrow the pool of applicants and provide critical feedback on the candidates.
· If necessary and applicable, a handful of members of the Screening Committee would also conduct site visitations to the finalists’ schools.
· January 10 to February 6: position advertised
· January 9: letter to parents and staff soliciting screening committee membership
· January 13: deadline to submit interest in serving on Screening Committee
· January 16-20: selection of Screening Committee by Superintendent
· January 26: organizational afternoon meeting of the Screening Committee to:
§ review duties,
§ fine-tune the timeline
§ begin to develop questions for the candidates.
· February 6: deadline to receive application materials
· February 8 and 9: afternoon screening committee meeting to
§ finalize questions
§ paper screen
§ select candidates to be interviewed.
· February 15 and 16: interviews in late afternoon and early evening.
· February 28: feedback on candidates due
· Beginning March 6: site visits
§ by candidates to Blueberry
§ by a subset of the screening committee to candidates’ schools
· March 7 and 8: finalist(s) meet with Administrative team
· March 10: Superintendent decision
· March 14: presentation of final candidate to the School Committee.
· July 1: first day of employment
Composition of the Screening Committee to be as follows:
· 3-4 teachers – PTS teachers preferred; seeking a representative sample
· 2 non-Unit A staff members
· 2-3 parents – 1 chosen from the Blueberry School Council; 2 chosen by PTO
· 1 district level admin
· 1 School Committee member
· 2 principals or administrators